Our gourmet getaways
Our favourite restaurants
- Crémet La Table du Square: gastronomic restaurant on a wine estate at Chaudefonds sur Layon. Superb views over the vineyards.
- La Corniche: On the way to La Corniche Angevine, stop off to sample food made with fresh seasonal produce from local producers.
- La Crêperie Au Gré du Vent: try their delicious crêpes made with fresh artisan-made products
- “Guingette” cafés open in summer: Port Gogane and Les Tourbillons
- L’Orangerie: In this unique setting at the Château de l’Epinay at Saint Georges sur Loire, sample Franco-Italian dishes made with seasonal organically-grown produce. The environment is cosy and luxurious with its big, comfortable armchairs, exposed stonework, massive chandeliers etc.
- La Table du Moulin: dine in a former mill, by the fire in winter or outside on the large terrace in summer. Discover the fabulous dishes grilled over a wood fire in front of you. Recipes use fresh produce, local and seasonal produce.
Head in the clouds
Chalonnes-sur-Loire’s Tuesday morning market is the department’s third largest market.
Markets are held all year round:
- Tuesday and Saturday mornings in Chalonnes-sur-Loire
- Wednesday mornings in Rochefort-sur-Loire
- Thursday mornings in Saint-Georges-sur-Loire
- and Friday mornings in Ingrandes / Le Fresnes.